Super Lawyers Logo

Home » Parenting Plans

Parenting Plans News

When Can a Custodial Parent Relocate with a Child?

Child custody and parenting time are frequent areas of conflict. One of the most difficult issues is when one custodial parent wants to relocate out of Connecticut with the child. Connecticut courts apply different standards for deciding if relocation will be...

read more

How Does a Parenting Plan Work in a Connecticut Divorce?

Among all the issues that must be resolved when a marriage ends, those involving minor children are, without a doubt, the most important. In Connecticut, divorcing couples with minor children are required to establish a parenting plan that protects each child's best...

read more

Connecticut Parenting Plan Checklist

In a Connecticut divorce involving minor children, the parties must have a Parenting Plan.  In a Parenting Plan, child-related issues are addressed.  These issues include a definition of legal custody, a parental access schedule, and other provisions such as...

read more

What Provisions Should Be Included in a Parenting Plan?

This Week's Blog by Nicole M. DiGiose. What is a Parenting Plan? A Parenting Plan is a document, usually in the form of an agreement, that addresses child-related issues, such as legal custody and a parental access schedule. In the absence of an agreed-upon Parenting...

read more

Alcohol Testing

This Week's Blog by Christopher J. DeMattie The Court has the authority to order a parent to submit to alcohol testing as a condition of exercising parenting time with a minor child The alcohol testing protocol can be designed for the purpose of determining whether a...

read more

The Basics of Bird Nesting

This Week's Blog by Carole T. Orland On occasion, clients who consult with divorce lawyers in Greenwich, Westport and other Fairfield County cities and towns, inquire about arrangements where the children stay in their home and the parents alternate moving in and out....

read more

Shared Physical Custody, Split Custody & Child Support

In our practice at Broder Orland Murray & DeMattie, LLC, we are often asked the following questions: If my spouse and I share physical custody of our children, do I still have to pay child support?; and Can my spouse get out of paying child support by requesting...

read more


I am often asked, "What is a typical parenting plan in a divorce case"? Many people believe (assuming the mother works part-time or is a "stay-at-home" mother and the father works full time) that the children will be with the father as follows: (a) every other weekend...

read more

Search Our Website

Westport Law Office Map
Greenwich Law Office Map

Phone: 203-222-4949
Fax: 203-227-0766

Tell Us About Your Case

"*" indicates required fields

Contact Preference

Super Lawyers Logo